A.P. Thomas Construction, Inc. is hiring for a local Sacramento Superintendent with experience in site, shell, and interior improvements for retail, office and industrial centers. Projects are typically located in the greater Sacramento area with travel no more than an hour and a half away in any direction. You will be home in the evenings to see your family. The Superintendent shall provide overall on-site administrative and technical management for the construction project. The Superintendent reports to the Project Manager & President. The specific responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Supervise total on-site construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Create positive working relationships with clients, architects, engineers, city/county representatives, subcontractors and vendors.
- Responsible for all aspects of the construction site including but not limited to project procedures, work rules, safety program requirements, OSHA compliance, overall cleanliness, SWPP’s and weekly coordination meetings with clients and subcontractors’ foremen.
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise on-site functions of subcontractors.
- Ensure that the work progresses according to schedule, material and equipment are delivered to the site on time, and the activities of the subcontractors do not interfere with one another.
- Provide technical assistance.
- Assist project management in bidding, scheduling, review and analysis of contract documents to determine long-lead items and generate RFI’s for details and clarification from architect.
- Assist accounting by providing timely completed purchase orders, field reporting sheets, and receipts to ensure accurate cost reports.
- Document all delays, incidents, violations, accidents and notify management, recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
- Preparation of daily and weekly paperwork such as daily field reports, three-week schedules, weekly and daily safety reports, incident reports, confirmation of verbal communications and RFI’s.
- Quality control and successful completion of punch list and closeout documents.
- Perform additional assignments per Project Manager or President’s direction.
Requirements include: 5 years’ experience in managing commercial projects with demonstrated leadership, management and problem solving skills; Current experience with projects in Northern California is required and specific to Sacramento is a plus; Strong understanding of construction means and methods, scheduling, coordination, blueprint reading and applicable laws and government regulations; Proficient use of Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, Adobe and Newforma as well as good written and verbal communication skills. OSHA 30 hour certified and trained in CPR/First aid is a plus.
The position is full time, exempt with premium benefits:
- All benefits for the employee are paid 100% by A.P. Thomas Construction, Inc.
- Dependent benefits include medical and dental and we pay 50% of the premiums
- Long-term Disability
- 401K with matching
- Annual bonus
- Vehicle allowance
- Fuel card
Please apply through the website with your resume and salary requirements.